Did you know that pomegranates are one of the top ten aphrodisiac foods?
They have been associated with fertility in many cultures throughout history due to their bountiful seeds, and recent studies have shown them to have viagra-like effects. Pomegranates increase testosterone levels and have a positive effect on blood flow and mood, and that little trifecta can lead to heightened sexual desire.
Besides Making Us Feel Rosy, Pomegranates Have a Number of Other Sweet Health Benefits:
- Pomegranates are very high in antioxidants that help boost the immune system.
- The flavonols in pomegranates make them a great anti-inflammatory food that can help reduce aches and pains from conditions like arthritis.
- They can lower blood pressure and reduce arterial plaque, so they are great for heart health.
- Pomegranates have been shown to have anti-tumour effects on cancer cells.
- The high concentration of antioxidants and polyphenols found in pomegranates support brain health and memory.
Make the most of pomegranate season!
- With almond butter on buckwheat bread
- Sprinkle on top of oatmeal, yogurt or chia pudding
- Garnish your drinks with them
- Eat them like popcorn
- Toss them into a salad
- On pizza?